Thursday, April 26, 2012

Shopping for Yellow

While inspiration and ideas are the first steps to designing a space, learning where to commit to color is the most important!

Fabric First: There is no way to add a splash more effectively than through the use of fabric.  And while I can certainly help you create a complete look, you can tap into your inner designer by simply adding a yellow throw pillow which can transform a space. In these rooms I instantly added some sunshine to a blue and purple palette.

Eileen Kathryn Boyd Textiles Exclusively for Duralee

Eileen Kathryn Boyd Textiles Exclusively for Duralee

In designing my own fabric line, I dedicated a whole book to citron and fuschia. Some of my favorites include a modern floral, Greek key, zebra print and of course a sunburst style.

Eileen Kathryn Boyd Textiles Exclusively for Duralee

Wallpaper: While many people are afraid of wallpaper, others say it's making a major comeback. I never thought it went out of style and love a graphic print like the one I used in this kitchen. Next time I might try this citrine shade - what better place to make a sunny statement!
 
Wallpaper: Manuel Canovas through Cowtan & Tout/Kitchen: Eileen Kathryn Boyd Interiors


Accessorize: If you want to test out a hue in your home, try a statement lamp and colorful coffee table book for a modern touch or a simple bouquet of yellow tulips in a pitcher for something more country.

Bar: Eileen Kathryn Boyd Interiors/Lamp: Jonathan Adler Capri Bottle Lamp

Book: Modern Glamour: The Art of Unexpected Style/Flowers: 1-800-Flowers

"How wonderful yellow is. It stands for the sun." --Vincent Van Gogh

1 comment:

Karena said...

Eileen I love, love pops of yellow. In fact I think new throw pillows are at the top of my list. Adore your fabrics!

The 2012 Artist Series featuring Designer and Paper Artist Anita Rivera...on my site, please stop by! Her work is amazing!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena