Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Remembering a Legend ...


Taking a peak at Veranda's tribute to Albert Hadley this month brought back many memories. It goes without saying that I was deeply saddened when the design legend passed away on March 29th. To me he was so much more than an American icon, he was a teacher from afar and I have always been a great admirer of his work.

Here are some favorite images that remind me of the legend...


The cover of one of my favorite books.
A signed copy and prized possession!
A Hadley showhouse sketch. I love the pink/red combo!


Sometimes black and white is just enough.







A living space close to my heart - filled with color.
 

Great art and a favorite space.














































































































A to-die-for tulip table. Photographer: William Waldron/Elle Decor

  Glamorous high gloss walls. Courtesy of Libby Cameron/Veranda
Chic geometric painted floors. Photographer: William Waldron/Elle Decor
My favorite accessory - a sunburst mirror. Photographer: William Waldron/Veranda

deeply believe that a beautiful decor can have a beneficial influence on our lives"
- Albert Hadley




 












2 comments:

Jo said...

I've done several posts on Mr. Hadley. He was such a humble and incredibly talented decorator.

santa said...

Hello Ms. Boyd,
I love everything about your designs and style. I am a person who loves color, I don't even own a LBD! I am in the midst of decorating a Lake Tahoe/Mountain home and am wondering how do I incorporate bold bright colors in a rustic mountain home? I have a blank slate.
Frustrated decorator,
Kim