Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tickled Pink

Pink is one of those excitable colors that lingers with you long after it's gone. Even though Pink is often associated with little girls & their dream bedrooms, there is a way for even us big girls to bring the blush of Pink back into everyday life. I always jump at the chance to have some fun with Pink....
Here are some great examples of how pink (and more specifically Hot Pink) can work in every area of your life....Pink often adds that perfect pop of unexpected color that just holds your eye captive and in this case defines the space. I love the idea of painting the trim so it appears so predominantly....Unforgettable whimsy. Or, if your on the brave side, you can allow Pink to take center-stage by covering an entire wall with a bold print, like suggested below. And paired with that neutral chair...Magical!











Pink has had many admirers over the years...One being design icon Dorothy Draper. Her book, In the Pink, is a must read if you're as crazy for this hue as I am.



Pink is certainly no stranger to fashion either. I've found that Hot Pink is either making a cameo as an accessory or completely dominating an entire outfit. This Chanel bag is the perfect accent to punch up any outfit...Whether it be your classic LittleBlackDress or just jeans & a Tee, heads will turn.
I am madly in love with this jaw-dropping Marc Jacobs raincoat...I'm certain I could weather practically anything in this coat, completely armed in style.
And then there's every girls dream....a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. These Pink pumps are such show-stoppers. So Carrie Bradshaw!
This beautiful velvet Designer's Guild fabric was the perfect shade of Hot Fuchsia-Pink that my room needed....No other color would've sufficed. These slipper chairs were my exclamation point to a neutral base and complemented the artwork by the late, great Stanley Twardowicz perfectly.
We all feel connected to this little Pink symbol and October has dedicated itself to the Pink ribbon in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It's a good reminder to all of us women to be taking care of ourselves and those we love. It's important that we continue to support & donate to wonderful organizations such as the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer foundation. Pink continues to inspire.


"Pink it's my new obsession. Pink it's not even a question. Pink is the love you discover." -Aerosmith

3 comments:

Maria Killam said...

Eileen,
Did you see my latest post? Your look totally inspires me! I went to see one of my clients tonight with a kelly green and hot pink combination for her guest room and she LOVED it! So I loved your pink post!

Did you want to exchange links?
Let me know,
Maria

Meg said...

Waiting to get a flu shot today I saw your Kips Bay room in Traditional Homes, and thought "Aha! That's my inspiration look." Love, love, love pink.

Anonymous said...

Looking for an complimentary color for my eggplant tufted vintage sofa and saw this neutral sofa on houzz (picture above). Could you tell me what color that is?

Thanks Yasmin