Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action

I am so excited, and bit nervous, to announce that I will be making my very first Network Television Debut this Sunday on NBC's LX.TV Open House NYC.
The segment will be featuring Fashionable Tips of the Trade to dress up YOUR home!
I was so thrilled when I heard the news that LX.TV wanted to work with me and even more thrilled when the story developed into a fashion angle. As many know, all of my designs are heavily influenced by fashion in one way or another.....Whether it be by bold unexpected color choices or interesting shapes & couture details. And since the shoot was taking place at my home, I could really push the creativity to the MAX.
I must thank all the wonderful people that helped make my design dream a TV reality....Firstly, thank you to my wonderful fabric companies, who without you there is no dream....Duralee, Chella, Trina Turk for Schumacher, Romo & Manuel Canovas....I cannot thank you enough for your continued support.....The amazing Frankie from Data Carpet....The lovely Mi'Shell over at William Sonoma Home for the perfect accessories that instantly dress any room....My wonderful friends from Marsh's Clothing Store for the unforgettable & inspiring fashion accessories.....Vueve Clicquot for generously donating an extra punch of vibrant color making the whole project bubble over! Thank you ALL!

This was one of the most enjoyable & most challenging shoots I've ever been a part of. Not working with a film crew before, I was quite intimidated when they pulled into my driveway. I'm happy to report that those feelings quickly melted away as they proved to be the greatest group of young talented, creative people I have worked with in a long time. I cannot thank Marni, Adam, Andy & Laura enough for all of their help and guidance through the whole process. What an amazing crew!

I sincerely hope that the segment provides some inspiration & bright ideas for your spaces.

SO PLEASE TUNE IN AUGUST 23RD at 8:30am on NBC Channel 4
Can't wait to hear all your feedback, so….
Don’t Miss It!
For More information & details regarding the segment please contact, Eileen Kathryn Boyd Interiors, 631.427.6400

"The key to longevity is to keep doing what you do better than anyone else. We work real hard at that. It's about getting your message out to the consumer. It's about getting their trust, but also getting them excited, again and again." -Ralph Lauren

4 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

How exciting Eileen! I'm sure you were fine - did you get to see the finished product? I like the dress you are wearing in the pics.

Anonymous said...

I watched Open House this morning and was impressed with your use of color and how fashion informs your choices. You have a beautiful home. The show was the reason that I came to your website today, for the first time - love all the many photos you have of your various projects & show houses - and now I know one of the reasons I like your style - ROMO fabrics is a favorite of mine too.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get that dress? LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Where can I get the black & white dress you are wearing, I heart it!