Monday, August 11, 2008

The Dog Days of Summer....

Always keep a sense of whimsy in the forefront of your design scheme....There is nothing worse than someone that takes themselves too seriously when putting together a room! This piece does just that! The unexpected round frame and large scale make this puppy come to life. In this vignette, found in my shop, I've incorporated faux-animal print pillows on the accompanying sofa. Although the palette remains neutral an element of fun still shines through loud and clear!




The Zebra print carpet is a great way to transform a traditional landscape into a modern oasis! Its playful edge is just enough to wow people when they walk through the door, but not overwhelm them! I even chose to use it running up my front stairs....It's the first thing you see when you enter my home and it says "welcome!"



My shop stylist Lois recently revamped one of my window stories. I love her use of these versatile Duralee ottomans upholstered in a faux-snakeskin, trimmed out with nickel nail heads. This cohesive look sets the stage for a fabulous vintage glass & Lucite table and the mid-century modern chair, which are all tied together by a fun faux-cowhide rug! I love this look....whimsical, playful, & perfect!



No comments: