Friday, June 29, 2012

Celebrating the 4th in Nantucket ...

For me there's no better place to celebrate the fourth of July (while earning some much needed rest and relaxation) than Nantucket. From the climbing roses and weathered, shingled, beachfront homes to the laid-back atmosphere and family feel, Nantucket is where I love to call home (at least for a few wonderful summer weeks). Of course this time of year, it seems everywhere I turn in my beloved coastal town, I'm surrounded by inspiration. Nantucket pulls off red, white and blue like no other. Here are some fun shots I took this week.

 A patriotic lighthouse.


 Hydrangeas in tow.



The perfect place for cocktails? A fire pit for the cool island nights.



Vintage chairs with a hip new vibe.



 A little bit of heaven.


Ready for the parade!


Part of the summer landscape are these beautiful climbing roses. The raspberry color against the white fence is so happy! 


Love these nautical bookends ...


Enjoy and happy fourth of July!


No comments: